Sunday, June 2, 2013

It's the first of June....really?!

My these last few months have been crazy. We've been on vacation to Branson, MO and had a blast. We really enjoyed our time there and learned several interesting things.
-Branson is kind of for old ppl.
-The food is bland, and EXPENSIVE, doesn't matter where you go
-Downtown has THE BEST lil fudge and chocolate shop, it's really worth the drive alone
-The Ducks have lasting effects that make you lose your mind (They let you keep the quackers...no really, thanks I appreciate being quacked at by two separate boys for hours on end).
-Silver Dollar City is AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, and soooo much fun! Way expensive but way cool!
-Oh, and that "light sales presentation" by the resort that hooks you up? Yeah, not so light...points for effort guys, too bad we're not suckas!!! ;)

We have been doing therapy again for Charlie Brown finding out that he is also SEVERE Dyslexic...seriously..can this kid get a break?! Therapy has been OK, I'm not really sure where it's heading but we're hanging in there and sticking it out. MUCH cheaper than Visual therapy I must say.

We aren't done with school for the year, we'll be doing very light schooling thru the summer. I'm talking reading, math, science, BOOM...we're done. I'm looking into Unit studies as I think they would be really fun but I"m not sure I have the wherewithall to do them and continue the "rabbit trails" every day. It's alot of effort on Momma's!

Kung Fu Roo is good, silly as ever and I post his funny sayings regularly on my facebook. We've discovered he's COMPLETELY terrified of Tornadoes.

Speaking of, we've had one go right over our house and 2 within 5 miles this spring, not to mention the HORRIBLE ones we've had in state causing major destruction......but I don't have to tell you that, it's all over the news and even People Magazine.
However, we've also had a very wet spring and we are hoping that's the end of the drought up here for a long time. Everything is SOOOO green and beautiful. I don't appreciate the cotton wood trees due to severe allergies while in bloom but that's about it. I'm currently trying to make all the Tulsa Urban Gardeners agree with me to make all cottonwoods extinct. So far I've got three on my side. haha

We are still waiting on our baby girl anxiously but we DO have a new addition to the house. His name is "inside tornado", not really....but really. :) He's 4 and has some issues. We only have him temporarily and maybe not as long as we'd thought. Unfortunately when he came there was alot of stress and anxiety that came with him (not his fault) due to agencies, daycares, his issues and us not having education on them or support, etc. He would really benefit and excel in a home that was therapeutic and stable I FIRMLY believe. I'm praying so hard they find just that for this lil guy. He's a sweetheart and so eager to please he just needs to learn a few things and that will take time and patience. He HAS blessed us though, and I will continue to have concern for him even if not in our home.

We also have 7 other additions....CHICKENS. They are now about 13 weeks old and doing very well. They are NOT easy to raise from chicks though I tell ya. Can't wait to have fresh eggs..even our neighbors love watching them.

I started a small container garden this year. We have beans, onions, 2 carrots (no literally two left thanks to a rabbit), 3 tomato plants, bell peppers, sweet peppers, and lots of herbs. I would like more but it's really hard when you can't work the land for a garden. Maybe next year!

All that has kept us very busy and doing well.






No comments:

Post a Comment