Monday, October 20, 2014

Back to Life...Back to reALIty

I really should start blogging again. It's therapeutic...and I'm kind of good at it. I'm not being pretentious, I'm simply saying I re-read a few of my posts today and thought I need to take my own advice and...well...it made me cry that advice. People, if I can make myself cry I should continue...right? Wait. That's not self deprecating is it? Is it?? Eh well. As usual I have good intentions and it comes out wrong. What's new?!

So here we are. SOOO many updates to mention. Let's do a short list and then I'll expand as I can.

-Fostering.
Firebird left us 5 months ago. Some days it feels like 2 weeks ago and some days it feels like a lifetime. I miss her so much! She went to an extended part of her family with 8 other children. She hadn't met them before but from what I can gather she seems to be doing ok. At least I hope and pray she is. What I know for sure is that she is right where God wants her to be...or she wouldn't be there. I don't know his plan and I don't know his reasons for taking her away but I know he has them and it's not my job to question them...although I have...I just...haven't gotten any answer. So, of course, I just need to accept that his plan is greater than mine.
We are no longer foster or adoptive parents with the Cherokee Nation. There are many reasons why but I'll boil it down to that I didn't like the way they got away with so much and didn't seem to have best interest in mind when it came to the children. I'm not alone in that though, there are many previous foster parents for them I've met that encountered the same tactics they used with us. It's not nice, suffice it to say. And to avoid any more unsubstantial threats to my family from The Cherokee Nation ICW I'll just leave it at that. Yeah. You get the point.

-Adoption.
Because of my declining health my husband has decided he does not think it's a good idea to adopt right now. I don't know if he will ever. This is an extremely painful sore spot for me so I'm just going to leave it here and keep praying he changes his mind as I continue treatment.

-Charlie Brown.
For 2 years we did 2 different types of therapy to try to treat his Strabismus and Amblyopia. One was specific to ocular therapy and trying to get and keep his eyes connected. It was $7000 which we are still paying on and it only improved him maybe halfway. At the end they simply said they'd done what they could do and he was done. Then we found out he is also SEVERELY dyslexic and began Dyslexia therapy. What was suppose to take 3 months took another year and we ended up only partially helped. Although his reading has improved dramatically. However I attribute this to him finding a love of reading as well. And I'm so proud that he does love to read. Get this, the child will not check out children's books!! The only books he is interested in are Animal books, History books, Science books, etc.  But whatever works in my opinion. He is currently fascinated with WWII and tanks.
He continues to be kind, loving, and has shown a real love of taking care of others. He's so smart and retains information like crazy.

-Kung Foo Roo.
Although he's not diagnosed yet I'm pretty sure he's got some Dyslexia and possibly some audio processing as well. I need to schedule him an apt to get his hearing checked as he's having issues with figuring out what we say and hearing us. Part of me thinks he needs to work on his listening skills and part of me wonders if there is an underlying reason. I continue to watch him though to see where we end up.
He is still funny and crazy and has no filter. He's openly honest and doesn't hold his tongue when he has a thought. I have no idea where he get's that from..ahem...moving on.

-Me.
Ugh. Where do I start?! I'll wait till the next post and post my updates from my fundraising page. I need to do another update anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment