Sunday, July 7, 2013

She sings, our Firebird

Friday evening we got a new lil foster girl in our house. Our other guy went home early and back with his family where he needed to be several weeks ago.

This lil girl is PRECIOUS. We love having her here. Her circumstances are different than many children in the foster system and she hasn't suffered as many have, however anytime you are away from your parents you suffer as a child so it's always hard nomatter what the circumstances.

She is shy. She loves to laugh. She is quiet. Has a big smile when she starts warming up to someone. She's beautiful. She's spunky and likes to be a lil Momma to everyone around her (she told me my car was dirty when I had literally 3 pieces of paper on the floor, HA! I just told her she hadn't seen NOTHING yet. ;P) She's observant, and I'm sure we'll find out a lil obstinate too.
And she sings. 

Not in front of ppl, only when on her own when she thinks noone is listening. She sings in her room and she sings in the restroom. She has a beautiful voice, and although she doesn't know I am listening, I am. And I love it. I think it is her way of comforting herself. Of being artistic and expressing her emotions.
And I think it means that nomatter what, she's going to be OK. 
Because nomatter what happens in life, or what God has planned for her...she can always...ALWAYS sing. And I pray she does.

Sing little Firebird. For God holds you in His hands even though you don't know that yet. Sing your little heart out until all is OK in your world. 

I pray God uses us in her and her mother's lives and that we can help them through this time in their lives and be a Godly influence to them, teaching and loving on them. Will you pray this with me please?

I'll be calling her "Firebird" on my blog and facebook because of the book. If you haven't seen the Movie "Unconditional" you should. You REALLY REALLY should. It's not about foster children, but the premise is the same. Do something with your life, love others, give to others, forgive others.
And little Firebird, she learns that even in the darkest storm, all you have to do is break through the clouds to see the sun. Because THE SON is always there, even on your darkest days.
It fits because she is Cherokee like me as well.
So, Firebird it is, Firebird she is.

1 comment: