Monday, October 14, 2013

Homeschool 2013/2014

I thought I had updated what curriculum we are using this year but I can't find it now so here goes.
Our year in homeschool

Charlie is still having issues with his Dyslexia, and Character Training as well. He refuses to write more than a couple of sentences, even though his handwriting is pretty good for his age! He loves to read, unless it's an assignment and then he breaks into tears while striking the fetal position.
Kung Fu Roo is still learning to read, and enthusiastically although slow. He is showing some of the same signs as big brother in writing, speaking backwards so it makes me worry so slowly is best I think. He's all of a sudden struggling a bit in math but hanging in there.
Neither have a love of school at the moment, and just want to have fun.

Taking all into consideration here's where we are currently.

Bible: Answers for Kids Bible Curric
Didn't finish it all last year so finishing it out this

Math:
Charlie: Teaching Textbooks 3 and 4 (hoping he'll finish 3 soon but he's struggling SOOO much)
Kung Fu Roo: Horizons Math 2 Workbook

Science: Answers in Genesis Science - World of Plants workbook this semester, choose another next semester

History: Mystery of History Volume 1

Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears #3, and Cursive for Charlie

Journal: Wildcrafting, learning about native plants for food and medicinal purposes
Alternating with Bible Verses and discussions

Extra Curricular Science: Lego Robotics Class month of October

Having said all that, I'm also looking into Unit Studies because I want them to love school, and love it big time. I want them to look forward to it and us to have fun. An October Unit Study, and a Thanksgiving one that includes colonial times, and a character training one. I bought these three this morning and am going to see about them. We may just learn to love learning this year.
Before I go further let me say this. You don't have to agree, this is my school and my choice. I am doing what I feel best for my children's future, and eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment