Friday, January 18, 2013

My most favorite high school memory

I've been all serious lately on the blog, and although they are things needed to be said, I think we'll lighten it up a bit.
I want to tell you my very favorite highschool memory.
Highschool wasn't a great time for me.
I was looking in the wrong places for love and acceptance, I overworked myself, didn't enjoy life like I should have, the verbal abuse from my mother became physical abuse and I moved to live with my father and left behind all my friends/boyfriend only to be all too prompt at finding other semi-not real friends and a boyfriend. Most of all I was confused, sad and running.
But, throughout everything in my life and today I have a mean streak, a very ornery part of me that laughs when I shouldn't, stands up and fights when I should have more grace, and sort of...well...enjoys torturing people.
The high school I graduated from is well known for it's football. Ever heard of Friday Night Lights? Yeah. That's it. I was actually at that big game that made the movie so great.
So, it's an understatement when I say the football players there are well known, HUGE guys, kings of the school.
Twice a year we had "hat day" where we all wore hats and the winner of the hat contest won...yep....football game tickets. At the same time I had an Iguana that was about a foot and a half long. I decided on hat day to wear my iguana across the bill of my hat and there she sat, all day long. I think I must have a picture somewhere but who knows where that might be so I'll leave it to your imagination. Towards the end of the day this well known, mean, football coach grabbed me out of class and told me to come with him. Ummm ok?! They could do that you know, interrupt class for whatever reason because they were the coaches, and kings of the kings. lol
Down the hallway I see several HUGE football players standing around talking (yup, during class the kings do what they want too) and the coach tells me "see that big black guy over there"? Me- "Yes". He then precedes to tell me to walk up to him and show him my iguana. aha. I get it. I'm too mean not too grasp this concept and I looked forward to this almost immediately.

So I took my Iguana off my hat, walked up behind this 6'5, 350 lb dude and held that little lizard up to his face and said "Hi, I wanna show you something".
And the chase ensued!
That big ole guy screamed a high pitch shrill girl scream complete with JAZZ HANDS and took off running. I chased him down the hallway till I couldn't run anymore I was laughing so hard.
Needless to say I won hat day that day...and a lil more respect from the kings of the school.

Also, I then inherited an immediate open path in the hallway anytime I happened to walk by this big guy for the rest of the year as he'd shrink into the lockers while I walked by.
Ahh good times good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment