Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The waiting....

What is the worst part of adopting?
Doesn't matter where you're adopting from, whom you're going through, or what process you choose the worst part is always the same. It's the WAITING.....and every adoptive mother just groaned consecutively with me.
 - You wait to get the paperwork
 - You wait to see if your approved, and the longer this takes the more stories you conjure up in your head about what might possibly be on your record that you have no clue of (what if that one time I ate a piece of candy out of the candy bin without paying for it at the mall they got my photo and somehow found my name off matching my photo with facebook and from that contacted the police, only I'd just moved so now there's a warrant out for my name and since it's been 25 years that warrant is now spread over the entire WORLD where they'd defer diplomatic immunity towards me and arrest me if I even TRIED to go overseas....and now there's probably feds waiting outside my door since they triggered my file and haven't called me back yet?????!!!!!! )
See how that escalates!
-Wait for the classes (if any)
-Wait for Homestudy
-Wait for paperwork to be completed
-Wait for final approval (this is a hard one)
-Wait for certification (if any)
-Wait for placement
-Wait for that child once you've figured out who he/she is to come home *WHOOHOO Gotcha day*
-Wait for adoption to be finalized

And there is more waiting if you're a foster TO adopt home because you also have to wait for parental rights to be terminated and then wait for any family members to step up.

Talk to any adoptive parents and while they all have their struggles and many mothers with hearts for adoption are more than willing to share those with you, they still say the hardest part is the waiting.

See! Adoption is not scary. Long-yes, frustrating-at times, rewarding-MOST hopefully. But not scary.

Each day I keep trying to keep my eyes and mind where it belongs and each brand new morn I have to refocus as I've strayed like a tomcat on the prowl, my mind does that...stray. Still, I refocus and try my humanly bestest to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment