Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fall Hiking Talimena

As promised, we DID go hiking today, well...hiking is what THEY called it. By the end of it I was personally calling it "where I almost died" while panting to the truck with legs like jello and a face like a tomato.

My cruel and insane "so called" gentlemen decided it would be "fun" to take me on a "short walk". Pfffttt

FIVE MILES LATER I was dragging my fat butt back up a mountain grasping for help and gasping for air while the sweat (or tears, I'm not sure which) fell down my tomato-red and swollen face.

Ok, it wasn't QUITE that bad (yes it was actually), but I have to say this is only my dramatic side coming out. While every bit of those words are true it may not have *exactly* happened that way in my mind.....(until the very end, then yes, yes that's exactly what happened in my mind). But before that part (where my face almost popped) it was GLORIOUS. The colors were so beautiful and the forest beautiful. I found myself wishing that I lived there, right there at the bottom of the mountain I'd just hiked down without thought of how I was going to get back up (mostly BECAUSE I didn't want to go back up I thought I could just stay there and fly in necessities).

All kidding aside I really did love every minute of it, but I have to testify a moment about my husband's patience and understanding. His Grace spoke to me in ways he has not a clue of (till he reads this of course).
See, with how bad I've gotten with my health problems/diseases and how weak I am I wasn't aware of this until today but...I was really scared. Physically and emotionally terrified. I'd never been that person before but I was today. I was so scared and stressed my back and shoulders were killing me, I felt like I had to tinkle when I didnt, etc. I didn't even realize it until we were on the trail and I almost broke down into tears because of it.
My diseases took more than my strength, body, will. They made me fearful. Of Today. Of Tomorrow. Of the present. I live in fear. This is something I will need to keep addressing because it's so much more than I want to get into right now but my husband was awesome. When I paused, he paused. He walked behind me up and down the mountain so that he could try to catch me if I fell. He never once got frustrated, complacent, or even so much as raised an eyebrow. He was understanding and I'm so thankful because his attitude helped put me more at ease and allowed me to relax a bit and enjoy it, which I really needed.
I have so much more than just that one mountain to climb and I'm scared, but I'm going to pray through it and with my husband at my side I think I might just be able to do anything again...someday.
Here's to my post surgery new life waiting for me!

The drive in, mountains! 
Oklahoma Colors!

 Don't let this sweet easy walking look fool you. Right around that corner it drops slowly, and then BOOM, down the side of the mountain, which you must get back up to come home, unless you're rich unlike me and can have those supplies flown in of course.
 They had so much fun! I don't normally show them on my blog, so enjoy. Charlie and Kung Fu Roo



I really enjoyed today (believe it or not) and I loved hiking again and being with my guys without distraction of electronics. I sure do want to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment