Monday, September 3, 2012

Socialization

OK let's get this over with.
As a Home School parent the MAIN rebuttal anyone has on the issue is socializing. Not that we asked for a rebuttal in the first place but people seem to think it's ok to tell us how we should educate our children just as the government tells them so it's what we often get.
We hear things like:
-Well, I just think my children need more interaction with other children more often than I could give them (this is the nice way of putting it).
or
-They need to be around other kids!
or even
-What about socialization? Aren't you afraid they are going to grow up not knowing how to interact with others (this the not so nice way of putting it)?
So many ways to say one thing and that one thing basically boils down too:
-I don't have time to worry about educating my children, I have other things to do.
-I don't have the patience.
-I trust strangers with them.
-I believe the government knows best and I follow suit.

Let me be clear, these truths are only directed at those that argue with our choice to Homeschool and their reasons, NOT to everyone that doesn't homeschool. I'm so not arguing with your choices, whatever they may be. But, it's my blog so I can and will tell you what I think about the rebuttals. And why we've made the choice we have.
But, you know what? I find often pictures carry much more weight than words...at least in my case.
So, I'm going to tell you in pictures.






And finally.



No comments:

Post a Comment