Monday, December 3, 2012

facebook fast

http://www.dedoimedo.com/life/facebook.html


Seriously I'm having withdrawals. It's been 3 days...since I've been on my facebook page and since I turned it off. *pout*
It's good to fast now and then, put your perspective in order. There are ALOT of negative things about facebook, and some really good things too but when you find yourself zoning on the computer every chance you can that's when you've become a zombie, and neglect your children...all in the name of friends who do care, but most who don't. This is where I am/was.
And since I've been off I've noticed a few things.
-I am addicted, I CRAVE to hop online and check out what everyone is doing
-So is everyone else. I've hardly heard from anyone I normally speak too because, what?, I suppose texting or *heaven forbid* actually SPEAKING on the phone is outdated. And, since I'm not on their facebook radar I guess well I'm just not on their radar anymore. Is this what friendship is reduced too?!
-I'm no more lonely now than I was with facebook. It's surprising how disconnected it makes you without you ever realizing it. You think you're all connected and they are really friends *like I said, some are..but they are few*.
-My children have missed me. They are so much happier knowing that I'm listening and here for them and actually doing things I said we'd do rather than hopping online and letting the time fly by.
-My children have developed behavior issues without my knowledge. Just a few, because for the most part I have awesome kiddos *by the grace of God*. Still, there are a few things. Like the pestering each other for attention, not being kind to each other when they do, and Kung Fu Roo has developed this thing where he's keeping tabs on everything in a selfish way to make sure he gets to do whatever it is he wants. grr. That one has me drained from teaching against it all day and I think it's going to take some time to get him out of this phase. *sigh*.
-I'm doing more physically now, and using my brain more. Which, I'm tired at the moment but I"ll get used to it. hehe

And if that didn't convince you why ppl need a break sometimes here's another blog I found that said it well. I thought it was funny anyway. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment