Monday, July 9, 2012

Update on Charlie Brown

Just wanted to give an update on Visual Therapy. There's really not much to tell. Unfortunately we missed one week due to my stress fracture in my leg and I could not drive. I'm still not supposed to be driving but there's no way I'm letting my son miss 6 weeks of therapy, it's just not happening.

He's done with his first round of at home therapy, which was an iPhone App they gave me to try to correct some of his color vision. We found out why Green is his favorite color (refer to photo), it's what he mostly sees. Anyway, this color app was a red dot that went in and out, apparently this was supposed to make his eye react more to color and turn it on. We don't know whether it helped or not, we haven't done a follow up evaluation yet.
So, Wed they take me back and teach me how to do more intense at home therapy with him and send us home with a notebook full of things to do daily.
Plus. We start Patching. 
Sigh. 
Pray for us. Patching is going to be difficult at least at the beginning. He won't be able to see for a minimum of 2-4 hours per day at first. Like, at all except fuzzy blurry things.
My poor guy is going to be frustrated and this will make him act out. I have to remember that. I have to not lose my patience, something I lack today for some reason. Must work on that.

When I know more I'll update again. Until then we are doing at home therapy, exercises like ping pong and catch that help, and twice a week at the clinic.


 This is what he SHOULD see. 




This is what he DOES see. 




Boom. Why green is his favorite color. It's almost all he sees! 

No comments:

Post a Comment