Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of school!

I *meant* to go to bed early last week. But that didn't happen.
I *meant* to get up early last week. But that didn't happen. 
I *meant* to get us used to our new time frames last week. But that didn't happen. 
I *meant* to go to bed early last night. But that didn't happen. 
I *meant* to get up earlier today and not have a late start. But that didn't happen. 

But here's what *did* happen. 
-We got donuts last night, because I knew I wouldn't if I saved it for this morning. We celebrated first morning of school with donuts. I know. Healthy start I know, be jealous
-Both boys were excited and curious
-At some point both boys said these words "Ok Mama I want to learn more". 
-Both showed by our extremely quick to finish schedule that they will exceed this year, and I'll most likely be buying new curriculum more than once, which means they just might do two years in one. Crazy right?! Not for homeschool kids. ;)

We *did* our homeschool schedule which is as follows: 

Answers For Kids Bible Curriculum Lesson 1, 7c's and Day 1 Creation. 
Charlie-Teaching Textbooks 3 Lesson 1
Kung Fu Roo Bob Jones Math 1 pages 3-5
Charlie Auditory Processing Help as Grammar
Kung Fu Roo Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons, lesson 1. 
Mom-gathering info on Columbus for History tomorrow, and gather materials for our Thursday experiment (still waiting on book to get here first). 

Next is Lunch - Couscous with chicken, and veggies. 

Then Charlie has Visual Therapy at the Dr's office 

And THEN, we end our day with our first field trip to the Aquarium where we'll watch them feed the otters as well as look and learn about animals.
*Updated after we went*
Some friends joined us and they had a blast! These kiddos are so sweet and they all play very well with each other. We are blessed to know them.

I *didn't* get alone time from sending my kiddos to school like many other moms I saw this morning on facebook and I *did* get a little jealous of them I have to admit. But, now that it's supper time and I look back on our day, we really had alot of fun. I enjoyed teaching and being with them. And right now they are watching "Professor Beakman" the crazy haired scientist on netflix and can't get enough of learning.
Thank you Jesus. This is what it's all about. Being with my children, and opening their minds to learn and love it. Praise Yeshua, he has blessed our first day! I pray he blesses our year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment