Sunday, August 5, 2012

last week.

Last week was a mix of good and bad. Believe it or not the good part was getting to know new friends, and taking care of their 4-5 children for three days (5 one day, 4 the other two) and having a household of 7 children. YES! That was the good part of my week. I enjoyed it, the boys enjoyed it, we had trials, we had fussies, they made up, they played hard and exhausted themselves, and I even played barbies!
I was glad I could help my new friends out and more than willing to do so in the future as well.

The bad part was I lost a friendship. It's still all swirling in my head how it happened and seems so...petty, and juvenile. The bottom line is that we did not understand each other, and the problem is that one of us refused to try.
I don't like being seen for someone and something I'm not. I don't like someone looking at my tired facial expression and assume I'm mentally arguing, or indignant without asking what I'm feeling inside. I don't appreciate being seen for someone I am not. This is about the worst thing you can do to me, personally. Why? Well, you'd have to get to know me to find that out but it begins at childhood and the way I was treated often.
I am sad, confused, and still a bit angry over this loss. Mostly for my children. They lost two friends as well because of us adults not being able to handle our friendship accordingly. It's not fair to them, or her kids either.
Therefore I just think it's important to reiterate how I feel about friendships and our lack of Grace towards one another from THIS post.
That's really all I have to say on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment