Thursday, August 23, 2012

Visual Therapy Update

It's the beginning of our Homeschool year and the ONE THING I've been really bad about this week is patching and at home therapy. I admit it. I've failed miserably this week. It's hard to figure out when to do it. I don't want him having to patch during school work because I think that will just result in a fit of fears from him. But, after school and chores they usually take a rest time and then go swimming, in which he can't wear his glasses at all. sigh. I'm going to have to make it work and set a time, even if during school...which he may not like.
Sometimes you just have to do it whether you like it or not. You cannot make every moment pleasurable and I think that's one place we fail as parents in North America. We appease our children way too much, myself included although I do have a healthy sense of why they need to learn certain lessons to help them later in life.
Even so, I still do this. What is it about motherhood that makes you want to make it easy on your kids?! We think it's protecting them when really it's inhibiting them from learning important lessons. Like Patience. Or that the world does not revolve around them. Even so much as them learning how to serve others.
No. They totally get how to BE served, but not TOO serve.
And in this. We hurt them.
How disappointing to our young men when their new lil wives will not serve them as their mommies did. It provides all too open a door for satan to sneak thoughts in such as "maybe I chose the wrong person". Expectations aren't always a good thing you know.

So here I go.
Going to make sure he get's in his two hours of patching and his At Home Therapy each day we do not do In Office Therapy.
By the way, his At Home Therapy has changed. We have stopped doing eye stretches as they say it looks good in that area now. And we do red/green glasses where he is working on tracking by doing puzzles and dot to dot paperwork. It all seems so simple really, but it's working so we continue.

And as always, he's a cool dude in any kind of glasses...
Why the gun? psssshhh you must have girls for you're not asking the right question. The right question is, when does a boy NOT have a weapon in hand?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment