Monday, May 14, 2012

Home School-Curriculum 2012-2013 choices

While I'm trying to figure out how to separate each topic and keep those posts to the appropriate place I suppose putting them all on the main blog will have to do. After all, the main reason for this blog is my own personal journal so, really, I suppose there's no reason to spend so much time on it unless things get carazay!
So here's what I gots (yes, the s was intentional, my kids are so lucky to be learning from me!!)

Both kiddos: both will work in their own grades but with same curriculum on Math, English, and Handwriting but will work on same levels with Science, History, and Bible.

Math-this is the hard one. Still deciding between 3.
        Math U See - Jones Genius's - Horizons
English-Time 4 Learning (this may change)
Bible- Answers in Genesis BIBLE curriculum
Science-Answers in Genesis, Answers for Kids Volumes 1-4 and Children's DVD Pack
History- It changed. Decided we're going to do a presidential lapbook/notebook since it's election year
Handwriting- Handwriting without Tears

Charlie Brown:
More Handwriting-Writing letters to a pen-pal (Oh yeah, I'm including this as learning)
Spelling-Heidi Songs/Memory Cd's
Reading-Library Books - I plan to make a weekly visit to the Library, or at least bi-weekly

Kung Fu Roo:
Spelling-Phonic Songs on CD
Reading-Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons + Library Books

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Glad to know where your blog is now. :)

    I also love the boys names!

    Good luck with your new program of study. I love how HS gives us the flexibility of changing when something isn't working. Now...if only I would win the lottery or the homeschool curriculum fairy would visit. *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete