Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Momma post- I am...Bruce Lee..wha-huh??

Today (technically...ok I stay up way too late) I'm going in for more blood work. The last time I went in I was told I was "technically" within the normal range. My TSH was .2 (norm is .1-.5). "Technically" this could mean 1 of 2 things.
1-My thyroid is on it's way downhill again (which makes me wonder even more if I have Hashimotos AND Graves isn't THAT a fun thought).
2-I'm "Technically" in remission.
By this I mean per level. It means my body is within normal range but not necessarily within optimal range. And if this is my new "normal" I don't want it honestly. It's not normal OR optimal but all the Dr looks at is that darn blood test. I am still having TONS of Graves side effects and also having a Hypo Side effect.
Right now, at this very moment here is my daily dose of challenge
-Graves Rage, this is where I tend to snap at people but do not mean too, it's just reaction.
-Hair falling out like crazy
-Eyes still popping out more, dry eyes, and itchy
-Headaches
-Extreme fatigue (I feel like I'm walking under water) I'm tired all the time and yet....
-Insomnia ...I can't sleep.
-Muscle aches and fatigue (I've lost a whole bunch of muscle lately and am very week)
-ETC
AND
-Weight gain. I keep cutting down my meals, cutting out Gluten (except over the weekend and man have I paid for that the past two days), and am walking almost daily. Yet I still gain.

I don't know. More and more research shows that you can go into an optimal remission of Graves without symptoms with diet. And then the medical profession says the ONLY way to achieve anything like this is by Radiation. Well, I can't get radiation if my levels are showing normal.

My GOD has me in this lovely tailspin of waiting game, questions, and side effects and I do not know why. But, I do know that through it all I will praise his name and be thankful. I may have tired days, but I still have days with my children and HE still gives me the strength to make it through.
I don't know what the future holds in my treatment but in the meantime I rest in HIS arms. And that's where I like it. And I endure.
Who know's, to GOD I might be just like Bruce Lee! Sayyywhaat??
and I say "technically" way too often, "technically".

No comments:

Post a Comment