Saturday, May 12, 2012

I refer to my children as cartoons

Why? I'm not exactly sure.
1- I'm overprotective so it's easier than saying their names online, although if anyone did a little research it wouldn't be difficult to find out their names.
2- It makes me laugh. When I'm frustrated it's good for me to find humor in the situations and well, when your son has painted his face to look like Kung Fu Panda and brings a paintbrush dripping black ink all over the house while practicing his "expert" Kung Fu moves it's MUCH funnier to think of a week later...in cartoon version like I have on the right..don't you agree??
3- It's funny. They are characters and so I lovingly refer to them as such. As they evolve so will their character and maybe I'll continue drawing what I see daily. Dennis the Mennis? Garbage Pail Kids? Barney, who knows?!
4- It fits.
The oldest hears like Charlie Brown, wears glasses, has excellent style as explained in my previous blog, and is all boy.
The youngest Well. He is who he is. He doesn't care what others think, he loves to make people laugh, he wears what he wants and never apologizes for it. His nickname is Roo because I've never known a child to love to cuddle with his Momma as much as this guy. If I had a pouch, he'd be IN IT! He adores wearing his bright green Crocs and gets extremely offended when Daddy says "THOSE ARE NOT CHURCH SHOES"! Sigh...every...Sunday. He is convinced he knows Kung Fu just from watching movies, and practices every day. In fact, just yesterday he told me he would teach me "Quiet and Peace-ness" because I needed to learn it and he was my master. HA!

Together they are much like another couple of boys a few of you might recognize. Their attitudes and styles remind me SO much of them that I wonder if someone knew these guys, traveled into the future, wrote about them, and traveled back to their time. Except Kung Fu Roo is more the ladies man, and Charlie Brown could care less...but hey, they couldn't get EVERYTHING right. Right?!
You might recognize them too. Which reminds me, we really should purchase these movies. You know, to watch on those paint days to remind me why I'm doing all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment