Thursday, May 24, 2012

Retail RANT- challenge of a plus size gal

Come on retailers! Take us plus sized christian women seriously. I don't shop often, partly because this is what I see and the shock overwhelms me, and partly because I'm just not a "normal woman" who loves shopping... *GASP* call the paramedics and get a straight jacket, I know.
But alas, I've just never been the "retail therapy" type O'gal. Although there are a few days this has made me happy and I've enjoyed shopping it just rarely happens.
When I must force myself to join the retail world this is what I see and this face ensues...
Retailers of America (I only know America, I don't know what is acceptable in other countries, don't sue me for my lack of travel...sue my husband and then maybe he'll take me somewhere, oh wait, don't sue him either cuz then we definitely wouldn't have the money to travel)...ahem...let me get a few things clear about what a Christian-almost middle aged-plus sized-woman does NOT want to wear. I know this might shock you, being as this is most of your clothing lines but a little constructive criticism never hurt the pocket book in the end right?!
So once and for all, let's DO THIS!

-Never ever ever do I nor anyone around me want to see me in a bathing suit that has what is called a "Plunge Bra" that goes down to my belly button. This one is self explanatory. Nor can I really wear a "TankINI", or even a "Swim Dress" being that swim dresses stop right below the crotch and let's face it, that's a whole lotta cottage cheese leg showing underneath. No, if you must put a swim dress on the market make it at LEAST mid thigh to cover most cheesy looking cells on the leg.

-WHAT's with the sleeveless tops? It's hard to find tops with sleeves these days as sleeveless has made a huge amount of clothing at shops. Ok I get it for skinny girls, but for plus sized let me ask you just one question...
When you wave at me and I have of these absurdities on, do you REALLY want to have to look at my whole arm waving back??
Is that what you REALLY want? Just let that settle for a moment while we move on.

-Shorts. Sighhh, why should I even have to go here?! Isn't it common knowledge that noone wants to see butt-crack when someone wears shorts? Oh wait, from recently being out in the public I guess not. Well, we don't. And YOU most definitely do not want these tree trucks showing all their fabulous bark from ME wearing those type of shorts. Sometimes I wonder if you actually sell any or make a profit, I mean really.

-Shirts. Ok, little known fact. Just because my boobs, and belly got bigger does NOT mean my neck grew 20 inches wider. Honestly! Some of your necks go from one shoulder to the other with plenty of boobage in between, AND halfway down my back. There's just really no need to have huge necks simply because we are plus sized, I may have more of a double chin than you but trust me, it doesn't affect the neck of my shirts at all. No really, I promise.

-While I'm on "boobage"...I personally do not suffer from the triple D's that many plus sized women do. And even if I did, I'm a married woman with children. So, I do not want to have to hold my shirt everytime I bend over to make sure noone can see down it. Plus, I'm really not interested in the world seeing what little cleavage I DO have, and neither is my husband (he'd prefer to keep that to himself thank you very much). Where has modesty gone these days?! Modesty doesn't mean you lose style or cute-factor but, really, this is a rant for another blog. I'll leave it at that. For now. muwahahaha

And last but certainly not least....

-JEGGINGS??? REALLY????!!!!

So I challenge you retailers, I want to see whatcha got. Can you sew clothes that show my inner adorable-ness to those looking from the outside without these issues?! Aww come on, you're the artists of the world, I'm SURE you have it in you.

*Disclaimer* - I may be a christian woman but my filters are less than some so none of what I said embarrasses me, if it does you I apologize...it just..needed to be said. :)
Also, this isn't meant to be a screaming rant, I really tried to make it funny and I hope that came across as I'm in a sarcastic hilarious mood...but sometimes that works to my disadvantage online and doesn't read like in my own warped head. ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment