Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why us and the country need more time together

Over the weekend I had the incredible honor to host one of my best friends and her family. They traveled all the way from the desert to see us. We were so excited to see them, and got to spend 4 wonderful days with them. We love their kiddos like our own, seriously (Liz, again, I'm truly sorry we tried to hide and keep Brodee...no really, I regret it this time...)
Ahem, anyway.
5 boys, one house, two sets of parents. Truly. TRULY. It's a miracle my house still stands. The  rambunctiousness, the LOUDness, the crazyness, and oh the tiredness (the parent's of course, the boys apparently killed the energizer bunny and sucked all his juice out JUST for our weekend O' fun). 

When I say this family is outdoorsy I mean OUT. DOOR. SEE. They even want to have a test for their boys future wives in taking her to the river and if she can't hang at the river, she's not meant for their son. ;0) 
But I discovered something about my lil family this weekend. We. Are. Not. 
Nope. Charlie Brown shivers everytime he sees a bug. Kung Fu Roo screams like a girl when a spider is mentioned. And Momma apparently does a dance not-so-much like the twist trying to get those lil black pesky bugs off me at the lake. THE WHOLE TIME. 
I tried calming down. I tried being still and not worrying about them. But then someone would mention them and there I'd go again. Charlie had given up playing around the lake and gone and climbed into a hot car just to escape those critters and was patiently waiting us to give up on BBQing, and it's a miracle my husband didn't hit himself in the head with the BBQ spatula trying to swat them. 
So, my sweet friends starting packing up. They knew it was hopeless. We really should spend more time outdoors getting to know nature. But seriously, WHERE did all these bites come from???!!!! I've got calamine from head to toe!

I guess it's a good thing I don't have a girl or I'd NEVER have a chance getting her into that family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment