Friday, June 1, 2012

Pain. Good or Bad? GOD or Life?

One sneaky side effect of my Graves disease only comes once a month. Yup, I'm going there...monster cramps. It feels like a vice grip around me for several days a month. It's one of those things you don't think are related but when you go on the "graves support boards" you see lots of info about it and people sympathizing.
And that got me thinking about how little tolerance we have for pain as a society today.
Physical and Emotional.
Physical- we take all sorts of medications without knowing anything about what we're actually doing to our bodies to get rid of the paid or make ourselves feel normal. Yet we do nothing about our diets?
Few people have connected the diet as actual medicine for our bodies, we seem to think we all have the superman complex and stomachs of steel when it comes to our food. After all, God wouldn't have made the woman who made the scientist who worked with other scientists who developed pesticides to keep the bugs he made off the food he also grew from the farmer he made...would he?! HUH?

I'm in a period of changing my diet. My worst enemy is not my knowledge on how, and it's not availability. It's me. Me actually WANTING to change it. Knowing what my body is going to go through and all the yummy plastic pesticides I'm going to miss. Weird right?! That's just how screwed our views are though. We give up health and feeling good for instant gratification that hurts us.
Did you know that 2 teaspoons of sugar cuts your white blood count down by HALF for the next two hours after eating it? Did you know that the average American consumes 22-34 teaspoons...A DAY?!
I am working on Gluten Free (or at least 70% gluten free weekly, cept when company is in town or we eat out too much but that's my next goal). I need to do sugar free. Sigh...I just don't know if I wanna!!! --whimper


Emotional-
Dr Voddie Baucham says that all to often we are not in ENOUGH pain for our transgressions. And it is related that our pain is, in fact, our trials or our guilt for our sins...or even our father's sins.
Genesis 22:1
Deuteronomy 8:11-16
Judges 2:20-23
That depression is our body saying we need James 1:5 or 1 John 5:14-15

Isn't it odd that we go to psychiatrists and yet the whole profession admit that there "is no cure for mental illness". Time and time again they admit THIS. And yet we still go to them? We still search? Why? When our answer is right HERE.  --The bible. GOD. The TRIUNE, ULTIMATE and ONLY.

People. We attempt to make this world too easy on ourselves, it's not supposed to be. It is but a small price to pay for eternity in HIS presence, but it is a price we must pay for our sins.
More often we need to come to HIM with our sins, we need to change the way we live and stop making excuses.


I, too, make it too easy on myself. or whine too much. I'm good at the whining, oh and excuses are my specialty.
What's your specialty?



Now, excuse me while I go take Motrin and lay in the fetal position for the rest of the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment