Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What's most important here?!

Call to action - Momma's GET OFF THE COMPUTER...or CELL PHONE!...this includes ME!!!


The other night I'm scrolling thru facebook and see a photo of a "friend". They are watching a basketball game with family and posted a photo that disturbed me. I don't think it did them, they might have found it funny but I didn't. I found it all too true and all too me. Let's say there were 8 family members in this photo in one living room watching a sport together. Out of 8 family members, there are 6 on iPhones, and 2 on iPads..ALL on their devices updating or discussing this game.
Question-Why couldn't they discuss the game with their loved ones there?

Next scenario
I'm at the Dr's office and there's another lady there when I walk in. She has 2 lil girls there with her, and she's on her iPhone. One lil girl walks up and says "mommy! Have a looksie, looky here mommy, look what I drew!" I kid you not it took the girl pulling her mothers arm trying to get her attention at least 5 minutes before the mother actually looked up.
And in my bewilderment my own behavior flashed before my eyes. Noah did that to me while I was on the computer just the other day.

I was watching a show last night and kept looking at my phone thinking I need to "check in" or "check it".
Why? There's nothing more interesting than those in front of me. Yet, I am not with them. Truth be told when I'm with my family and thinking about checking my blog or facebook or email...I'm with those people I call "friends" but of few I've actually met and know well. I'm with strangers for the most part. And the saddest part? I'm more interested in the stranger than I am my precious blood. My husband who's shown me real love for the first time in my entire life, who's given me so much more than I could ever ask for. Who not only leads me to a Godly life, but who teaches me what compassion, love, security, and loyalty are. My children who are nothing but miracles that God didn't have to give me but chose too. The boys I adore beyond all comprehension..yet, do THEY know that? What do I show them is most important to me? THEM? MY HUSBAND? OR THE COMPUTER/iPHONE???
I'm not going to answer it because it, quite frankly, makes me want to slap myself silly.
And I'm not going to answer it for you either because only you know the real truth, and only you can see it or choose to make excuses. Your choice is your choice.

Mine is mine however and I choose my family. Yes, I will still blog. Yes I'll be on facebook to tell about my blog. But, you know what? I'm going to put a sign up that says this in my hallway, right where I have to go to get to the computer. And I'm choosing to walk away and walk towards them.


No comments:

Post a Comment