Friday, June 15, 2012

Serious when sick

It's been an up and down few weeks in our household. The boys are fun-loving as ever, but I've been sick with a cold that turned into Acute Bronchitis...as it always does with me. I'm FINALLY starting to feel better but still on heavy meds and supposed to be contagious for the next 5 days.
But I've noticed that although our family still has fun and plenty of laughs when I'm sick, I tend to think more about the things that need to change in my life. I guess being held down gives me time to think more, which is good. But, I also tend to post those things. And they need to be said, and I'm ok with that. However, the fun and entertaining things will come back, don't worry. Because in my life, there's both. We look for the good and the bad in our family because in the bad IS good. It's all for good.

And there are many changes coming in our lives that I'm very excited to update on. Some of them include:

-I am gearing up to give up many/most forms of sugar. I'm reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkheurst again and am going to use it as inspiration and direction as well.
Basically when I crave so bad I can't stand it I'll be turning to the bible and prayer. This is where I need to be anyway. I will post for accountability what I'm giving up and when.





-We're about to be a two car family again. Bless my sweet husband for driving a much older car to and from work to help us out. He's a good man.
-I'm going to get a bike, so the boys and I can ride every morning. I used to adore my bike and I need something fun to do with them.
-And I think our medical care is about to get better. But, we'll have to wait and see and practice patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment