Monday, June 4, 2012

It's like he wrote this just for me

“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast, and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Through she may forget you, I will never forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.” Isaiah 49:15-16


I forget all too often that I am precious in his sight. Maybe because my own experience as a child told me I was not, because it was all too easy for my own mother to walk away with bitterness and hatred towards me. Or because my own reflection tells me in a daily inner struggle that "I'm not worth it". 
Why do I choose moreso to listen to the fallen world around me or my own pitiful thoughts rather than the GOD of our universe? Why is THAT voice not the most important one? The one that overrides the others so much so that I cannot even heard their words any longer. 
HE says to keep HIS words on my eyes, ears, and heart and yet why is it so easy to listen to all the other chatter? 

In thankfulness I'm listening more. I'm realizing more. I'm LOVING more. 
When I am thankful for his words written above it forces me to actually PAY ATTENTION to HIS words. It makes me realize I need to give them time on my heart and mind, and not just dismiss. The more time they have on my heart, the more I listen, the less I pay attention to the chatter. 

I am thankful for my past. It HAS made me the mother I want to be. 
I am thankful for my disease. It IS making me take the fullest in each day. 
I am thankful for my son's disorders. They WILL make him a caretaker of others, and more of a sweet, kind, and understanding spirit to others with difficulties. It will also give him confidence and knowledge that GOD is in control and all is HIS will. 

I am thankful Yeshua died for us, that we might live in HIM. In that is a peace that lasts FOREVER. 

This, my friends, is what Eucharisteo is all about. Being thankful, in EVERYTHNG. 
Daily I count my gifts from GOD, do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment