Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I'm all into Pinterest lately, but I really USE it. It's not a time waster for me, it's an organizer of ideas. I don't like clutter so it's the perfect way to have a pin board without it being in my house getting on my nerves. I've done most of the recipes I pin, and working on the other boards as well.
This spring I decided we needed a summer bucket list so that we don't get to the end and realize we wasted our summer watching movies. No, unacceptable in this household this summer.
So, I started a pinning. And pinning, and I'm STILL pinning.
But then I decided "you know what Momma" because I talk to myself, and answer myself as well "what?", "Well how are the kids going to know about all these cool projects and help keep your lazy butt accountable for trying to stay off the TV"? Yes, I insult myself in my head too. Too often, but that's another story.
The answer was to create an actual bucket list. In a bucket. With Popsicle sticks for them to draw. How cute is that idea? --saw it on pinterest--SEE! It's nifty I tells ya.
We began painting sticks, because who doesn't love THAT mess in their dining room?! Eh, it's just preparing me for yet another boy summer.
(Boy summers are messier than normal summers or summers that involve girls by the way. They attract dirt like moths to a flame, just yesterday they were turning a swimming pool into the worlds largest mud pie. I don't know why, they just FEEL the NEED). 
Hobby Lobby had the perfect bucket at 40% off and we used paint we've had for a while.




And I wrote the goals on them. Some big huge goals that we most likely will not be able to do (like swim with dolphins), and some small that we'll do way more than just once (like make homemade lemonade). But the point is, they are tangible goals now.



Our summer bucket list, because I'm striving to be a good mom. (not that all good moms have bucket lists, I'm sure most of you that are better at it than me don't need them, you just automatically do cool things every day with your kiddos and my kiddos would be jealous).

2012 Summer
Go to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum
Make a treasure map and go on a hunt (me previously burying something cool)
Make mini personal pizzas for lunch
Make mud pies after a rain -DONE
Family Bike ride (providing scott and I get bikes)
Play Hide and Seek
Play Hopscotch
Paint the sidewalk 
Do Family Game night
Watch a Parade
Play in the sprinklers
Make homemade lawn games
Have a water balloon fight
Catch lightening bugs
Go fishing (and actually catch fish)
Watch fireworks
Play Frisbee
Spend the night at the Aquarium (for my guys)
Watch a sunset
Nature scavenger hunt
Weekend getaway with my husband. Alone. 
Go to the Heritage museum in Tahlequah
Go to a drive in movie
Spend a day floating on a huge float on the lake
Make firework messages
Tie Dye Shirts for boys
Make soda bottle ecosystems
Make coke floats
Go on a roadtrip
Make straw airplanes
Make a mentos diet coke geyser
Begin Visual Therapy and see progress
Go to a concert in the park
Have a water gun fight
Make homemade lemonade
Go to Blue Hole park in Salina
Write and perform a play with boys for Daddy
Go Camping
Plant a tomato bush
Roast wienies and marshmallows on the firepit
Do library summer reading program
Go bowling often
Watch for shooting stars
Go to the dollar movie
Go hiking
Have a whipped cream fight
Go on a picnic
Lay out and look at cloud shapes
Hang out at the lake
Paint
Go pick berrys at the local berry farm
Spend a day at the OKC Zoo
Bubble Painting
Make a hovercraft
Make glitter timers for the fall
Make homemade butter
Go to the Farmers Market for our veggies--been doing
Go to the Splash Pad
Get a Fish Tank and deck it out with some gnarly fish


When we do something on the list, I've painted the bottoms blue so we turn them over in the bucket to show the blue part. BOOM! Space-saving AND a cool way to see what you've done. 
I'm adding to it all the time but it looks to be a fun summer! I think I'll add our projects as posts here. Why not, it's my blog and I'll blog what I wanna! ;)

Oh, btw...we did one of em already....
TADDAAAAA


I'd like you to meet "Blackfin Catfish, Blackfin Catfish, Star, Star, Fire, Fire, & Zebra"
---I KNOW--Where DO we get such original names?! I have no clue where this kind of great imagination comes from I really don't...        <:0/


No comments:

Post a Comment