Monday, May 7, 2012

The Momma's treatment update

Ok, a treatment update on me, and then I'll get back to the fun blogs about my boys. People have been wanting to know so here it is.
I'm in Limbo.
Currently my levels show on the normal side of TH3 and therefore I'm not a proper candidate for Radiation. I was, during Christmas..but the Cherokee Nation took so much time getting all the paperwork together that my levels changed...and now it's different.
So, I have been on no meds for almost a year (which is the only way to possibly die from Graves disease) per Doctors Orders. In the last year my muscles have weakened greatly, my eyes are popping more, my heart palpitations are daily, blood pressure is up, hair falling out, can't sleep, etc etc. It's fun. REAAAAALLLL funnnn. My husband especially loves the "graves rage" where I snap at him without thinking because of extreme irritability, well...wouldn't you?!
So, I wait. I wait for levels to change, something to show, improve, decline, whatever.

While I wait I've begun slowly taking gluten out of my diet...except for that hamburger I had tonight but I won't mention that so you'll never know!
I said SLOWLY!
Errrm, anyway, I have seen a little bit of improvement I must say. I'm researching more about it and about not eating processed foods. But, I have to say I am much better than we used to be, and more organic as well. I'm starting to love fruit again, starting to not eat sugar as much! WOOT. It's a slow process when you're stubborn but I say any improvement is good improvement! And I don't regret that hamburger one bit so stop bugging me!!!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment